Saturday, December 20, 2008

THE DEVIL WORE WHITE

Black little ashes covered most of our home;
I found ash in the bathroom, by my son’s toothbrush and comb.
The spoons appeared scratched, kitchen towels turned brown,
Everywhere I looked, broken lighters were found.
Empty wrappers and foil fell out of his pants;
Night sweats and twitching, I noticed by chance.

All his friends changed; he gave up softball and pool.
His work hours fallacious, I waited restlessly like a fool.
His personality was irregular; I was continuously confused.
I did not understand and we had so much to lose.
I had my suspicions; however, I did not want to believe
that crack cocaine is in my house, we must hurry and leave!

The epiphany came with hundreds of visions;
My mind was racing, making plans and decisions.
The spoons, broken lighters, brown towels, and ash dust,
were the clues I had missed through blind love and trust.
It was hard to believe, to accept, and discover,
the Devil possessed him using a ‘white powder’ take-over.

by Deb T. 12/19/2008

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home